Your favourite application is now available on Mac, Windows and Linux desktop | hearScope™ desktop app is releasing this August
hearX Group (hearX) is excited to announce the release of its first ever client-facing desktop application in August 2020. The hearScope™ desktop application will be available for free, downloadable from the hearScope™ website, and is compatible with Mac, Linux and Windows devices. As the hearScope™ mobile app is currently only Android-compatible, the desktop app serves as a solution for iOS users and allows them to use a USB/USB-C hearScope™ on their MacBook devices.
Since the release of hearScope™ in 2017. hearX has continuously improved the product for exceptional image quality and ease of use. hearScope™ released an update on the mobile application in December 2019, later introduced the world’s first otoscope with an artificial intelligent (AI) image classification feature for ear diseases in March 2020, and now - the ability to access the app on your desktop.
The hearScope™ desktop app can be used by healthcare professionals to easily access captured images and videos, edit session media and store session data on a desktop device. This brings the functionality of the hearScope App to a desktop solution too.
The following features are included in the hearScope™ desktop app:
- Artificial intelligence (AI) BETA release for instantaneous image classification for normal, wax obstruction, chronic perforation and abnormal categories. Classification accuracies ranges from tympanic membranes with an accuracy of 99% for normal, wax obstruction with 100% accuracy and chronic perforations with a 98% accuracy. The abnormal classification currently indicates a high probability of a pathology present in the ear and suggests that the individual should opt for a professional examination of the tympanic membrane. The ear condition categories are continually updated to classify more pathologies of the eardrum and to improve the confidence levels. High-quality camera for clear images, video and accurate classification.
- Additional information regarding classification categories available with further example imagery.
- Auto-crop and auto-zoom images to remove specula edges when capturing images. This feature can be enabled in the camera settings.
- Preview list of images available directly from the camera view.
- Customisable session names.
- Ability to capture images whilst recording a video.
- Functionality to automatically apply color correction on images and videos to ensure it displays real and allow the examiner to make an accurate diagnosis.
- Up to 25 frames per second video frame rate to ensure real-time viewing and video without delays.
- Dermal and throat adapter, which attaches like a specula to take images of moles and skin lesions or fit tongue depressors to capture throat inspections.
We appreciate all client feedback. Please send any comments or suggestions to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.