COVID-19 HEARING CARE SOLUTION | AT-HOME OR REMOTE ACCESS TO TESTING FOR TELEHEALTH WITH HEARX SELF TEST KIT
hearX Group has stepped forward to face the current challenges brought about by COVID-19 in the audiology industry, by releasing hearX Self Test Kit, a breakthrough remote hearing care solution. The hearX Self Test Kit allows patients to take a hearing test remotely, receive counseling, buy and receive hearing aids and have them adjusted, without having to physically consult a professional.
The COVID-19 pandemic has severely affected hearing healthcare practices across the globe. Limited contact between patients and healthcare professionals in the audiology industry and social distancing have made it increasingly difficult to test patients, fit hearing aids and provide the support needed.
To address this crisis, hearX Group presents the hearX Self Test Kit, a remote solution that uses telehealth to keep healthcare providers at the forefront of providing advanced, hearing care to their patients. Backed by GN Resound. global leaders in intelligent audio solutions and the second biggest hearing manufacturer in the world, the hearX Self Test Kit will be used by GN Resound to allow patients to take a hearing test at home or in a drive-through setting, to buy and receive hearing aids and have them adjusted.
The hearX Self Test Kit aims to equip healthcare professionals during these unprecedented times, to not only ensure a continuous income stream, but to drive social impact when the world needs it most.
The comprehensive solution allows healthcare providers to conduct the following tests for successful hearing aid fitting, without having to see patients in person:
- Pure tone audiometry using hearTest, a certified FDA registered audiometer with calibrated headphones offering rapid automated testing.
- Speech-in-noise testing using hearSpeech for a speech recognition threshold and to inform patient care, counselling and management of hearing aid expectations.
- Ear risk assessment for detecting conductive hearing loss and including an optional CEDRA questionnaire.
- Digital AI otoscopy (optional) to provide a safe, simple way to capture images of the eardrum with validated AI image classification for diagnostic categories.
The hearX Self Test Kit solution works in four easy steps:
- The hearX Self Test Kit is set up and delivered to patients’ homes or to a remote location, to enable either at home, a drive-through or in-store testing.
- Easy step-by-step software guides patients through a comprehensive hearing assessment.
- Test results from the hearX Self Test Kit are instantly received by the healthcare provider through a secure cloud service, to counsel patients remotely, program and send hearing aids (with remote fine-tuning and telesupport*).
- hearX Self Test Kit can be moved around between locations. * For hearing aids with manufacturer supported telehealth features.
Learn more by viewing our hearX Self Test Kit webinar